Project Start Date: 06-06-2007 Project End Date: 03-10-2010

Sunday, October 25, 2009

and a posting...

Again, I've been terrible at updating this. I know it's bad when I can't exactly remember what book I read after that last I blogged about. I've been good at updating my goodreads, but I need to get better about this blog.

73 out of 101: Love the One You're With

I wanted to love this book, I thought that with certain things I have been through that I'd certainly be able to relate to this book. Nope. I hardly enjoyed this book. I found the main character to not be very likable. I couldn't relate to her actions, and honestly I just found myself disliking her. I usually love Emily Giffen books, but this one left me very disappointed.

74 out of 101: Columbine

This was a fascinating, intense read. The author wrote it so well, that it flowed more like a fiction book, rather than a non-fiction book. The content was incredibly disturbing (which is understandable considering the topic) and really provided so much information and insight into this horrible tragedy. While I liked (maybe appreciated is a better word?) this book, I couldn't read it for long periods of time. It was just too depressing. I also found myself thinking about everything relating to Columbine for a while when I was reading it.

75 out of 101: Eldest

This is the follow up book to Eragon which I should have read a long time ago. I'm not sure what took me so long to read it, but after listening to Eragon again on audio book after a long road trip I was ready to dive back into the series full force. I loved this book! It was a little slow at first because there was so much more character development happening, but it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it, and kept commenting to my husband that he needed to hurry up and finish his current book so he could read this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Defensive Driving is essentially driving in a demeanour that utilizes out of harm's way driving strategies to enables motorists to address identified hazards in a likely manner.
These strategies lead immeasurably beyond instruction on essential transport laws and procedures.

With defensive driving classes, students learn to fix up their driving skills via reducing their driving risks by anticipating situations and making harmless in the know decisions.
Such decisions are implemented based on road and environmental conditions bounty when completing a safe driving maneuver.
The benefits of taking a defensive driving class diversify with each state, but usually tabulate a reduction of points on your driver’s entitle following a ticket and the coolness that cover rates desire not increase.
In some states, taking a [url=http://www.floridatrafficinstitute.com] florida traffic school [/url] class can mean a reduction of up to 10% in your security rates on a period of three to five years.
Objective as the benefits of defensive driving classes modify with each circumstances, so do the requirements. While most central defensive driving classes are four hours extended, some can be as long as six or eight hours.

In some states, students own the option to end defensive driving courses online or nearby watching a video stick or DVD, while other states barely consent to students to opt for defensive driving in a classroom setting.
The contents of a defensive driving execution are regulated on each dignified and are designed to parade you based on the laws of your state. In spite of that, most defensive driving classes hold back alike resemble information.

Losses from traffic crashes bring into the world both social and exclusive impacts.
About 41,000 on annually as a result of see trade collisions, with an additional 3,236,000 injuries.
Wide 38% of all final car crashes are alcohol reciprocal with another 30% attributed to speeding.

The causes of these crashes, excitable impact and price in dollars done up on car crashes are typically covered in defensive driving courses.
The target of seemly defensive driving is to reduce the gamble of these accidents on properly educating students to exercise injunction and good judgment while driving.

On the roadways, drivers have to trade with a variety of factors that can affect their driving.
However some of them are beyond the oversee of the driver, psychogenic factors can be controlled by the driver if he knows what to look owing and how to fondle it.

Defensive driving courses show to focus on how drivers can overwhelm pessimistic cognitive factors such as unneeded emphasis, languor, emotional distress and other associated issues.
The florida traffic instil courses will forbear you erase points from your license. Additional information choose be posted at a later date.